A heart surgeon took his car to his local garage
for a regular service where he normally exchanges a friendly banter with the
owner, a skilled but not a very wealthy mechanic.
“So tell
me” says the mechanic, “I have been
wondering about both our professions and that you are paid much more than me……”
“Yes” replied the surgeon.
“Well,
look at this” commented the mechanic, as he was working on a 4,2 liter
supercharged BMW engine,
“I check
the engine performance (data),
when
necessary I then open the engine for deeper investigation (analysis),
regrind the
valves and clean all orifices (action plan),
then put it
all back together so it works good as new……
We basically
do the same job don’t we?
And yet you
are paid ten times more than what I earn, how can you explain that??”…….
The surgeon then thinks for a moment, then
smiling gently replies quietly to the mechanic.
“Try doing
it with the engine running”…………….
It’s hard to perform changes,
fix problems in moving processes.
No comments:
Post a Comment